|Posted by Paul Jameson on February 15, 2017 at 2:35 AM|
On the 3rd January we presented the Parochial Church Council (P.C.C.) with a document entitled, "Supporting Information for Faculty Request".
This document is available here
This details the Preferences adopted by Community vote for sampling work at St. Mary's.
Further to this, the Parochial Church Council (P.C.C.) briefly discussed our document at their meeting on the 6th February.
We have now been invited to explain our case at a special meeting (next Monday 20th February @ 7:30pm).
Andy Gaunt (Mercian Director) and I will be attending and this should last about 30 minutes.
The P.C.C. will then make a decision and communicate this to us the next day (21st).
Clearly a positive decision is absolutely crucial to the continuance of the whole project.
At the meeting we will :-
• Stress that 330 people have already lindicated that they would like to take part (of which about 200 will be children from 2 local schools)
• That 85 community members have voted for these options
• That about 7,000 (free) hours have already been put into the project
• Ask if the PCC have an overall future strategy for St. Mary’s - and discuss how this project could help the Church financially ?
A Flexible Approach
With flexibility in mind, we have bundled 3 of our 5 preferences into 2 (mutually exclusive) Requests which involve Preferences 1 to 3 but we have also included the 2 other preferences in reserve.
Hence we would prefer to undertake Request 1, but if this is not possible would then opt for Request 2.
If neither Request is possible then we would consider substituting in 1 or both of the other 2 preferences.
We would love to work with the P.C.C. to arrive at a solution acceptable to both parties.
This would allow the P.C.C. to petition the Diocese of Southwell for a Faculty.
We will let you know the outcome as soon as possible.
From All at BOHIS